The Sidama Media Network will be an independent and non-profit media organization that will
- Preserve and develop the Sidama history, culture and language through documentation, recording and dissemination of credible, reliable and impartial information on all issues that matter to the nation.
- Provide alternative sources of information on a range of issues that are of interest to Sidama and other Ethiopians giving special attention to some of the most underreported stories from Sidama and other southern states.
- Deliver high quality services to the Sidama people who have profound hunger for reliable, timely and useful information.
- Mitigating the social and psychological impacts of increasingly misleading, disruptive and distortive narrations of Ethiopian history and cultural diversity.
- Provide civic and political awareness education and promote sense of self-reliance among the Sidama people.